I have been thinking deeply about rest a while ago. Even read some articles regarding the rest of God. I would like to look for more passages about rest (and share with you). I need that. And I think we all need that. The world is becoming busier and busier, tiring and demanding, hectic and hard. This is the best time to remind ourselves to STOP. Just STOP. Be SILENT for a while. Turn our ears away from all the noises – anxieties, angst, distractions, criticisms, gossips, media, Facebook, Twitter... you name it!
And as we pause, let us just listen to what God is saying:
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
And he said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.” Mark 6:31
"…Come to me, all you who are weary and heavily laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-29
For he has somewhere spoken of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all his works.” Hebrews 4:4; 9-10
Yeah, even God rested. I should rest my mind too!
Good mornight peepz! May the good Lord give us a sound and peaceful sleep tonight. He is our Father. We are His children. He watches over us while we sleep - with a loving smile in His face.
I agree being thankful is really important. thanks for visiting!
ReplyDeleteThanks also for dropping by!
Delete