Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Prayer Items for 2013


I am warmly welcoming and embracing 2013! With that comes expectations. With that comes faith that God would answer even the most silent prayers of my heart.

  • To be a better mom. I want to allot more time with my son. Yes, I am work-at-home mom and able to see him every minute if I wish, but I want to spend more quality time with him. I want to read to him more, play with him more, talk to him more, bond with him more.
  • To be a better wife. To be more understanding and supportive to all my husband's endeavors. To give him all the room he needs to lead the family. 
  • Spiritual revival. To be closer to Him. Restoration of my quality time with God in prayer and meditation of His Word, forsaking all those ways that do not glorify Him, ability to serve Him according to His will.
  • Peace of mind. To be at peace with myself. Happiness. This is something I need to work on with full effort! It's not I am not satisfied with my life. I truly am. But, I am not contented with myself. There are lots of bad habits that I wish to totally eliminate by replacing them with good ones. I need to discipline myself. I need to put first things first. If there are important things I neglect to attend, it's equal to robbing my happiness.
  • Career direction for my husband. He's already turning 8 years living and working in Japan. I pray that God would give the desire of our hearts - that longing to be finally together. We pray for a new job for him in our home country or any other country that would be more convenient to us. New job that would be a channel of blessing for the whole family. God will provide.
  • Restoration of relationships, especially to the family. Inner healing to the souls wounded by careless words. Forgiveness and the ability to forget the things from the past.

How about you? What are the things that you are believing and expecting God to do this year?

May God give us the wisdom and divine enablement we desperately need to live a life that pleases to Him, a life that we can truly enjoy. Because as His Word says,
"Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work—this is a gift of God." - Ecc 5:19

No comments :

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover