Here are a few tips I believe will help you succeed at being yourself:
1. Never say or think negative things about yourself, such as, "I never do anything right." "I'll never change." "I'm ugly." "I look terrible." "I'm dumb." "Who could ever love me?"
2. Speak good things about yourself (as private confessions) in line with what the Word says about you.
3. Never compare yourself with other people.
4. Focus on your potential instead of your limitations.
5. Find something you like to do that you do well, and do it over and over. If you spend your time doing things you're not good at, it'll frustrate you and cause you to feel defeated and unsuccessful.
6. Have the courage to be different and deal with criticism.
7. Don't let the way another person treats you determine your worth.
8. Keep your flaws in perspective. People with a high level of confidence have just as many weaknesses as people without confidence, but they concentrate on their strengths—not their flaws or weaknesses.
In conclusion, let me remind you of my opening statement: It's tough to enjoy life when you don't like yourself. When you learn to succeed at being yourself, you'll be well on your way to enjoying life more fully.
Excerpts from Joyce Meyer article.
No comments :
Post a Comment