I'm already late, I kkknnnooowww. Instagram has been flagged with a lot of this cookie butter posts for a century (exaggeration included) already, yet now ko pa lang iba-blog. Don't blame me, though. It's so hard to order from online stores! It'll take 3 months to deliver! Crazy! 3 months?! Ganon kasarap para laging mag-sold out?! Kahit sobrang mahal?
So, I became more curious about this cookie butter thing. Ano kayang lasa?
And then one of my friends in Singapore posted a photo of Speculoos Cookie Butter. I thought he bought it from there so I told him to send me one. Ang sisteh, pinabili niya lang daw sa Manila. Abot talaga ang fad hanggang SG? Hehe...
Blue Kitchen is the name of the store where his friend bought the cookie butter. It's located in Shangrila Plaza.
So when I had the chance to go there, I tried my luck. Yes luck! 'Cause cookie butter gets easily sold out!
Guess I was really lucky. There's no Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter, but there's Lotus Biscoff Spread. There are some of the reviews na pinagbo-boxing ang dalawang ito and then the Lotus Biscoff Spread always wins!
And so, I bought my first ever Lotus Biscoff Spread dun nga, Blue Kitchen at Shangrila Plaza, Level 6, for P450.00. Expensivo!!!!
So, I was very excited to taste it. Right after I went home, I immediately opened the jar and offered Sam to scoop! Sam loved it! But when it's already my turn and tasted it for the first time, I was, hhmm, a li'l bit dismayed. Not a fan. Di naman ako napa-tumbling! I preferred the palengke-bought peanut butter better over this Biscoff Spread. It's far, far cheaper yet it's even more delicious! Panay ang reklamo ko sa Facebook - kesyo mahal, di naman super duper sarap, mas okay pa peanut butter yada, yada, yada.
But not all first impressions last!
There was one morning we had pandesal. I heated the pandesal and spread some of Biscoff spread... hhmm, it's quite delicious pala. Continued munching on the pandesal and... wait, wait... it's getting yummier!
I hate to admit it. I got hooked.

I know a store somewhere near Robinsons Place Manila (Adriatico) where you can get a jar for 400 php
ReplyDeletenakamura ka ng P50! I envy you! haha!!!
DeleteSaan po?
ReplyDelete