Saturday, July 6, 2013

Calamansi Muffins!!!

Calamansi Muffins



You are reading it right! Calamansi! Wwwweeehhh!!! You don't often see calamansi as a "flavor" for muffins, breads or pancakes, right? Because we know naman it's taste and we usually use calamansi juice in dishes, drinks or sawsawan with soy sauce, fish sauce, patis labo and the like!  (Sarrraappp!!!)

So, when I saw this food hack of Calamansi Muffins by Pepper.Ph guys, I really wanted to try. After all, the ingredients are very basic and I don't need tumbling skills in order to do it.

Aren't you curious now about the taste? Try, you must! And then, let me know how it goes!


CALAMANSI MUFFINS


Ingredients

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 pcs eggs
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup calamansi

Procedure

1. Mix together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt) in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Mix together milk and calamansi in a bowl, set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
5. Add in milk mixture and flour mixture.
6. Mix until well blended. Be careful not to over mix.
7. Scoop in non stick muffin pans.
8. Bake in preheated 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celcius) oven for 18-23 minutes.


Power hugs,

Mommy Tine

2 comments :

  1. Oooh, I suddenly miss Calamansi Muffins from Real Coffee in Boracay because of your post. I hope I'll have the courage to try baking, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been hearing a lot of good things about Real Coffee's Calamansi Muffins. Was it really that goood? Hehe... About baking, as long as you have an oven, try lang ng try! (Parang ako lang... hehe)

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover