Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Kitchen Finds: Kitchen Clips / Plastic Bag Sealer

How do you store bread, sauces, oatmeal, Milo, milk, powdered juice drink, chichirya at kung anu-ano pa that come in small plastic bags or foil pouches?

Me? Sometimes, I transfer the bread to bread keeper, the powdered drinks and others to jar containers. [If I'm in the mood to organize or de-clutter the kitchen.] Oftentimes, I don't! I'll just open these stuffs on a rush and then place them either on the counter top or straight in the fridge... depends on the item.

Other members of the house do the same thing. But unlike me, they don't transfer to food containers at all! And then, they often forget to tie or "fold"-close the plastic or foil bags. When that happens, the quality of the food is being compromised. 

I remember when I was still in Japan, whenever we're buying a bottle of orange juice, there's always a free "clip" [that looks like a big hair clip] attached. I am not sure about the purpose of that, but sure thing, that is really cute! Sometimes, the clip has a little bear design, or a little flower and comes with different colors. And then, my husband told me that's for "clipping" opened food plastic bag to close it. Oh, those are kitchen clips or bag sealers! Makes sense! We've collected many. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of these cute kitchen clips from Japan.

I don't see kitchen clips like those in the grocery here in the Philippines. But one day when I was looking for something to buy at DIY store, I saw this:


And I became very happy! #Babaw ko lang eh! Haha! That DIY store sells affordable stuffs that come from Japan. It's like the 100-Yen shop or hyaku-en shoppu, [but we call it Yakoeng] that we often see in Japan.

One pack of kitchen clips / bag sealer costs P66.00. It contains a dozen of multi-colored clips in different sizes. They are not as cute as I often see in Japan, though.

I'll show you how to use it via pictures:






So easy, right?! You just open the kitchen clip, insert the plastic or foil, close the clip and press it to clip it. Tada! The bag is already tightly sealed! Di na lalanggamin ang loob! Di na din yuyumi ang chichirya!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover