Monday, October 29, 2012

Late Lunch at Tokyo Cafe

After visiting the Manila FAME (which I haven't blogged about yet), we did our shopping then got hungry as a horse. We're lost in MOA and from where we were, Tokyo Cafe was just two steps away. As far as I could remember, it's beside the Teriyaki Boy.

Tokyo Cafe is a Japanese resto. Kinda obvious eh? LOL. And it's fine to have lunch there, I miss Japanese foods anyway. 

Upon entering the cafe, we were greeted by the crews in chorus. I feel so welcomed and that simple gesture enlightened the ambiance more. Most of the customers were Japanese (or Japanese-looking). Half of the resto were full. The lightings were in yellow.

Okay, let's flip through the pages of the Tokyo Cafe menu.

Tokyo Cafe menu
Menu front cover

Tokyo Cafe ju box bento
I'm already expecting this in the menu - "bento"s. Bento is a rice meal usually served in box-shaped container.


Tokyo Cafe katsuju
My brother ordered Katsu-Ju. It consists of breaded pork cutlet with tempura source and a veggie salad as a side dish.


Tokyo Cafe salad and soup
Also available are salad and soup.

Tokyo Cafe menu, pizza
And pizzas! A lot of pizzas!

Tokyo Cafe steak
This reminds me of Matsuya - that  superb resto in Japan where hubby used to eat burger and beef steaks. I once tried the meal there with rice topped with burger + melted cheese inside - soooo heavenly!

Tokyo Cafe loco moco

Ah, this is what I'm talkin' about! Or, kinda look like this but with no egg at the top. I think this one doesn't have melted cheese. 

Tokyo Cafe pasta
Oh pasta! I love pasta! But I love rice more! I'm sorta semi carb addict! 


Tokyo Cafe omurice
Omurice... Soooo Japa-nice! I asked the crew for advice – shall I order the omurice or the rice topped with burger patty? Let's see...

Tokyo Cafe chicken
I wanna try this chicken meals but have had a lot of chicken a few days back...

Tokyo Cafe chicken cutlet

Tokyo Cafe chicken and cheese roll
Looks like chicken cordon bleu to me.

Tokyo Cafe chicken in a basket
I don't want another Jollibee or McDo. Not now.

Tokyo Cafe pork
I have been always eating something like this during my stay in Japan. Next page please.

Tokyo Cafe fries n sandwich
Sandwiches. Looks American. ;p

Tokyo Cafe menu, burger and fries
Like I said earlier, I don't want another Jollibee or McDo. LOL. Well, I'm referring about the type of food, not the taste.

Tokyo Cafe crepes
Crepes, heavenly crepes, lots of crepes... I love crepes!!! *Giggles* Tokyo Cafe has a lot of different flavors to choose from. I ordered Choco Banana Almond, P135. And it's because of the almond. I wanted something chewy or extra texture in my mouth.

Here comes what we ordered:

Tokyo Cafe crepes served
The choco banana almond crepe for sister kambal (me). The presentation was good and I just couldn't wait to indulge. I was very excited to know how the almond would explode inside my mouth. I am the person who eats the dessert first (yes I know, I'm weird) before the main course. Dessert is an appetizer to me. But... I was not happy with my first bite. There's no "heaven" feeling that I'm expecting. I know Japanese desserts are not prepared as sweet as ours, but this was just really unsweetened. Like, there's no sugar at all. What's gonna happen to my sweet tooth now? :(

Tokyo Cafe omurice
When I was still in Japan, hubby used to tell me that this is not good. He doesn't personally recommend. It's just like an ordinary flavored rice topped or wrapped with egg omellete. So, while I was there, we don't usually order omurice. But while inside Tokyo Cafe, it did look appealing to me though. And it seemed, I've already forgotten the taste or maybe just missed this dish, so I ordered this one. I was thinking that maybe, the version here in the Philippines is better than in Japan. But... to my dismay, hubby is right all along.

Tokyo Cafe katsuju served
The Katsu-Ju that my brother ordered. He kept on giving me some meat. It's like he's thinking I'm just eating rice only, without any ulam. *Laughs* Hhhmmm, is there something wrong with my taste? Doesn't taste "flavorful" or "well-seasoned" to me. :(

Tokyo Cafe veggie salad
The veggie salad as part of my brother's meal. It consists of lettuce, tomatoes and caesar salad dressing.

Tokyo Cafe vanilla smoogees
What is this again bro? All I know is this is vanilla flavored. 

Tokyo Cafe citibank promo
They have a promo - FREE Chicken Trio for a minimums single receipt purchase of P1500 using Citibank Credit Card. 

Overall, Tokyo Cafe is good. Love the food texture and presentation... The foods were served warm, the staffs were attentive, and the atmosphere was fine. But as for the taste and price we paid, we can get better tasting dishes at more affordable price from other restos. Shall I dine again in Tokyo Cafe in the future? Maybe (unexcited). I'll try another food, though.

What I love the most about Tokyo Cafe ? Their hospitality and this...
Tokyo Cafe poster

Though, I was not satisfied with the taste, I still enjoyed the experience. And still, I would say, GOCHISOSAMA!!!

How about you? Have you already tried this restaurant? How was your dining experience?

Update: I am wondering why Tokyo Cafe doesn't offer ramen or Japanese noodle dish, which is my favorite, and different kinds of sushi. Based on their website:
"Tokyo Cafe is the only Japanese style family restaurant that offers Western dishes with that distinct Japanese touch..."
Now, I know!

3 comments :

  1. Vanilla Milk Smoogee.
    you wouldn't recommend it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks bro! yea, you're right... hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you still change the title of this entry..?

    somebody already used the title

    http://bit.ly/sEoqLA

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover