Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I Love My Pregnancy Pillow

Do.not.congratulate.me. I am not pregnant! <Laughs>


Since I was diagnosed with GERD (year 2004), I have been looking for some ways for relief. It is advised that for those who have GERD, we should raise our head when we sleep to prevent the acid reflux. I've been trying to use extra pillow, but it's just giving me a backache. So, I've done my research and found the so called wedge pillow from the internet. Oh my, it's so expensive! And during that time, this pillow was not yet available in the Philippines. So, forget na lang ng lola.


Fast forward. Year 2012 na! We just built our new home and we really need 2 to 3 new mattresses. Uratex is well-known as the leading brand here in the Philippines when it comes to foams and mattresses. I've read Rica Peralejo blogged about it. So, I was kinda encourage to go for the brand. I was looking for an orthopedic bed. I was so lucky to have found out that, Uratex not only carry orthopedic beds, they have wedge pillows too! 


wedge pillows from Uratex



Alam na! Hindi na palalampasin ito! I've bought the Senso Memory Wedge pillow, the big one. I've read somewhere that with the Senso Memory technology, the foam conforms with the shape of the body and adjusts to body heat, so not only it prevents, it also relieves neck pain or backache. I believed. The dimension is 2″ x 5″ x 15″ x 20″ and it costs Php 1,099.75. You cannot just buy this from ordinary Uratex Authorized dealers. You have to go to one of their showrooms. Or you can just simply call them, place your order and deposit your payments thru their bank account. 

The wedge pillow is also called a pregnancy pillow. During pregnancy, most of the women also suffer from GERD! So, this will be very helpful to them. Imagine in my case, laging preggy lang ang aking feeling! Always bloated. Aside from that, pregnant women can use the pillow as a belly pillow. Just place the growing tummy on it. 

How does it feel naman to use the wedge pillow? It's the best pillow in the whole wide world! That's why I'm blogging about it! Just exaggerating! But seriously, it's the "perfect" pillow for me when it comes to texture and feel. Smooth, but not-so-smooth... soft, but not-too-soft. It's just too comfortable!!! Iba eh. Heaven ang feeling. I don't like super soft pillows like those "fiber" ones. However, it would be much better if it has a higher version - like 6 to 8 inches. The big one is only 5 inches high. Dati, I couldn't sleep better if I'm not using my Dakki pillow (gift from my "ex-boyfriend". Since then, it's been my pillow. I had to buy another one (vacuum packed) when we went to Japan. It's just so hard to sleep when I'm not using the same pillow. Nasanay kasi. Have you experienced that too?) So now, after 7 years, I was finally able to move on from my old pillow.

You should try it! It's not necessary the wedge one, but there are lots of Senso Memory pillows products available in Uratex. I would like to try the topper too! Make kwento once you've tried! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover