Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My Experience with Revlon Colorsilk Luminista Golden Brown


So, I had my first hair cut for this year just last week of August. Yeah! I'm the kind of woman who's not fond of styling her hair because either she doesn't have a lot of time for that or she just thinks  that there are no good hairstylists in town or not a lot of options are available for her round face or she's just always "safe".

But, I was so totally bored about my hairstyle and I really wanted to reinvent myself. Talagang reinvention level na!

So, when the hubby went for haircut, that was it! Ako din!

The result? Bangs, multi-layers, shape and all... Ugh, it made my face look bigger! Which I was trying to do the opposite!

And so, for some agonizing days, I was thinking of a solution. If I had my layers cut, I'll have a very short hair which would be a problem 'coz I love tying my hair in a ponytail. How about wearing a ponytail forever? Oh, that suck! Where's the reinvention thing? Hehe... Plus I don't look good in pictures when wearing a ponytail.

How about dye my hair? Yeah, that's it. It will create a diversion. I mean, the stubborn layers will just look as part of the hairstyle. Pakulot kaya ako? Ha! I don't know! Told you, where are the good hairstylists?!

But yeah, let me color my hair for the first time and see how it goes?

I asked the same person who cut my hair about what kind of hair dye should I use - what brand, which one is mild enough and doesn't cause allergic reaction, blah blah blah. And she told me about this no ammonia hair dye which costs P60.00. Hhhmm well, I could trust her again given that she's sensitive too.

But when I was in Mercury Drugstore, I saw a lot of hair dyes! I spotted Revlon and yeah, I should opt for it since the brand is well-known.

There were lots of shades to choose from. I was thinking of red, just like Yeng Constantino's, or light or medium brown. Red and light brown would mean tremendous transformation and I was not sure if I can handle that, maybe next time, so I've opted for Revlon Colorsilk Luminista Golden Brown. That cost P425.00.

Nope, I didn't apply the hair dye myself. Not bold enough to do that. I asked a hairstylist to do that for me.

 For some astig factor, I asked the hairstylist to add some "highlights".

My own version of "selfie". Haha!

But the outcome was not I was expecting! I love the Golden Brown color pero neng, kumalat ata ang highlights! So, the hair at the top of my head looked a lot lighter than the rest.




Keribels na nga lang! No more first world problems!

What can I say about Revlon Colorsilk Luminista hair color?  
  • No allergic reactions so it's okay for those who have sensitive skin like me
  • No foul odor
  • My hair was shiny after coloring
  • The ingredients (two bottles) were easy to prepare and mix
  • Not sure if it notably damaged my hair but it doesn't cause hair fall / hair loss (my hair is now 6 days after coloring)
  • Ammonia-free (according to the product package)

2 comments :

Pin It button on image hover