Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013

2012 Highlights


* Transferred to our brand new home
* Started my blog
* Traumatized by a lot of criticisms, gossips, issues here and there, but was able to forgive and move on! Yeah! Come on!!!

Just three items in the list but have left a great impact in my life!

2013 Plans

(I'm listing my initial plans here so I won't forget)

Blogging
Reach my target ranking
Join some blogging contests to challenge and force myself to write better

Finances
* Invest some money on unit investment trust fund (UITF)... again
* Setup an online store or sell some stuffs on ebay

Health and Beauty
* Exercise
* Never ever neglect myself again

Home
* Hang some wall arts
* Hang those decorative lamps
* Install ceiling fans
* Install portable water heater
* Have our aircon checked
* Buy 1 big indoor plant for the living area, 2 medium-sized plants for the dining area, plenty for the garden
* Have some furnitures custom-made
        1. Secretaire for my office corner
        2. Chest of drawers for the hallway
        3. Center table for the living room
        4. Side tables for the rooms
        5. Others

Work
* Be more productive
* Improve my communication skills
* Make my presence "obvious"

 Time
* Spend more time with Sam
* Spend more time offline, less time with Facebook and other distractions
* Improve my quiet time

Miscellaneous  (Relationship / Development / Skills etc)
* Read ALL the books I've bought... apply them
* Learn some photography skills (sayang kasi the Canon DSLR 450D I have)

Words to live by


Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:13-14

Actually, I haven't really thought well the plans I have for 2013. If I'm gonna take a look again at my list, there's nothing really BIG. Oh, maybe joining the blogging contests. 'Cause I know I'm not yet a good writer. Hehe... But, those little things in the bullets require a whole lot of self-discipline, especially when it comes to time management. If you would ask me one thing I want to improve myself on, it will be always be on managing my time. I am now seeing wrinkles around my eyes. My son is growing up quickly. I don't want to miss every single milestone of his life. I don't want to speed up my ageing either. I just want more peaceful, harmonious and stress-free 2013. 

Dear Daddy GOD, thank You so much for all the blessings and divine provisions for 2012. Thank You for all the people who helped me become a better a person - be their ways were favorable or harsh. Graciously help me. Teach me to SIMPLIFY my life and not make things overly complicated. Draw me nearer to You this coming 2013.

Friends, what are your 2012 highlights? What are the items included in your 2013 to-do list?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover