Alright, I think I'm slowly getting my blogging groove back. And perhaps, there might be some quite changes in my future posts.
This blog has been a happy place. And I intend to keep that. But this time, I want to become bolder and more open by sharing not just the blissful experiences but the bad, terrible and shocking ones as well. Not that I’m planning this really.
So, what’s up with Cebu Pac? Oh yeah, that. So, finally I was able to talk to one of Cebu Pacific’s reservation/booking officers regarding my husband’s should-be flight to Osaka last week. After a week of trying, mind you, via email, Facebook, phone and their website. I was requesting for a refund because he wasn’t able to fly due to severe flooding everywhere. #MaringPh. And guess what, the request was DECLINED! Yeah, D.E.C.L.I.N.E.D. Because the request was passed the flight date. Duh?! Been trying to contact them since early morning of the flight but we couldn’t go thru. And when we checked their Facebook page, a lot of people were experiencing the same too. And if I keep on calling them every freaking minute of the day, cellphone bill = ticket price.
![]() |
| Source |
But then, I was advised to contact Cebu Pacific’s Customer Service at GuestServices @ flyceb dot com. Really? Hello girl, been there, done that. But still, I tried again. I am now waiting impatiently for their reply. So, let’s see what’s gonna happen next. But I have the biggest doubts. I have a feeling that this will take forever. Sigh...
Okay, I like to hope. Even if the light is as dim as the dark. Come on Cebu Pacific. Can't you be more considerate?
UPDATES:
One of my friends informed me that sometimes, it depends on the agent. So, after a few hours, that same day, I called Cebu Pacific's hotline again. Well, yeah, the agent was a little more considerate. She listened to me with more sympathy than the other agent. She escalated the issue to other department and asked me to call again after 24 to 48 hours for follow up. My hope rose one bar higher.
So, I did. But the agent said, it's still for approval. Hope reset to zero.
I waited again for quite a few days then called again. When I heard the word "DECLINED", my blood automatically rose to 99 degree Celsius! The reason? According to them, I was able to inform them after the flight, not 4 hours before the flight. Hindi ba sila nagbabasa ng report? For the nth time, I've informed them that I couldn't go through because their line was forever busy! And so the other passengers who were complaining to them via Facebook. I just remained silent while the agent was babbling nonsense. Yeah, I hung up the phone even if she's not yet finished talking. Sorry for being rude but tongue-lashing would be more boorish.
To make the story even more interesting, one of my husband's friend who also asked for a refund two days after the flight, was able to receive the refund. So, where's the justice in that?
Now, now, I need to stop or else, I'll be the next Claudine Barretto!

go PAL!
ReplyDeleteyeah go PAL! may iba pa kong kwento about Cebu Pac... wait mo...
ReplyDelete